Monday, August 20, 2007

"Blogger" Needs a Continuity Director

Ever click that little "next blog>>" button at the top of your screen? I'm not sure what the blogging gods are using as criteria for selecting the next blog you view, but they have quite a sense of humor. Today I clicked and was brought to the "Nellie Furtado Videos" blog.* If this is supposed to be representative of a 'blog-milieu' into which Medieval Knieval fits, someone get me a cyanide pellet to bite into.
Surely it had to be a mistake, so I clicked again. I got a South Korean blog of Prada photos. Establishing a link between Medieval Knieval, Nellie Furtado and Italian high fashion is a stretch, but I'm sure I can reason it out. It's like that game where you have to link two actors to one another in three films or less. Don't think I can do it?

How about this:

1)Medieval Knieval includes the word "crap" in a recent post.
2) Nellie Furtado's music is known to be crap.
3) Furtado is a Portugese last name.
4) Portugal is in southern Europe.
5) Italy is in southern Europe.
6) Prada is from Italy.

I should apply this amount of dedication to studying for the GRE. But what fun is that? I plan to post further Next Blog Updates, so stay tuned.

* Your first reaction ought to be: "Who on earth would devote a blog to Nellie Furtado??" After that, choose your own level of shock and amazement.

No comments: